Cyber City Oedo 808 Complete Series - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray) UK Release Details
Release Date: 18 January 2021
RRP: £39.99 (GBP)
Country: United Kingdom
The classic OVA has been remastered and comes to Blu-ray for the first time in a Collector's Edition set that is a must own for fans!
Synopsis: The year is 2808. The place: Oedo, a cybernetic megalopolis of the future where the dreams of a brighter tomorrow are drowning in a tide of violence, vice and villainy. Driven to breaking point, the forces of law and order are left with no choice but to use the very criminals they capture to help hunt their own kind.
Enter hardened cyber criminals Sengoku, Gogul, and Benten. Presented by police chief Hasegawa with a stark choice, they must decide to either rot in jail for the rest of their lives, or join a special force of the Cyber Police and possibly get one more chance at freedom.
With their less than subtle blend of extreme violence and excessive swearing, some hard justice is coming to Oedo. With each criminal apprehended and each successful mission completed, the state will agree to reduce their sentences. But with each of them serving a 300-year stretch, and Hasegawa keeping them in line with explosive collars, will they survive long enough to be free men once again?
On the discs:
- Blu-ray disc: Include the complete 3-part OVA with 3 viewing options: original Japanese with English subtitles, English voices with Japanese soundtrack, and English voices with the "UK Soundtrack" composed by Rory McFarlane (aka, the Manga UK Dub")
- CD Soundtrack disc: The "UK Soundtrack" composed by Rory McFarlane. (23 tracks)
• Inside Cyber City Oedo documentary
• Episode 1 & 2 commentary with Masao Maruyama (Producer) & Yoshiaki Kawajiri (Director)
• UK VHS Trailer
• US DVD Trailers
Packaging and Physical Contents: Comes packed in a rigid case with a digipack to hold the two discs (Blu-ray+CD)
Also included is a 48-page booklet that includes -
• Character profiles
• An article by Jonathan Clements (author of Anime: A History)
• Interview with John Wolskel; writer of the English dub.
• Interview with Rory McFarlane; composer of the UK Soundtrack
Release Date: 18/01/2021
Audio: English, Japanese
Format: Blu-Ray+Audio CD
No. of discs: 2 (Blu-ray, CD)